Written by Antwan Hamilton
Aloe vera plant is often a stemless or sometimes very short-stemmed juicy plant that grows around 60–100 cm (24–39 inch) in height and the offsets spread out wide. The leaves of this plant are thick and fleshy and the color varies from green to gray-green. This medicinal plant offers an influx of healing properties that will keep you physically and mentally young. The aloe vera plant has compounds such as mannans, polysaccharides, lectins, and anthraquinones that are extremely beneficial for human health.This translucent gel is made up of around 96% water, some organic and inorganic compounds, a type of protein which contains 18 of the 20 amino acids found in the body and lastly, vitamins A, B, C and E.
I personally make aloe vera shakes at least three times a week for myself and my kids. You want to take the leaf and slice it on the side all the way down with a small knife. Scrape the gel with a spoon into a blender and mix it with water. Im going to warn you the taste is very bitter. I usually blend mine with some type of fruit or orange juice. People often ask me about my youthful appearance and I direct them immediately to the leaf. Here are some health benefits from using aloe vera:
• Boosts Immunity– When the blood is oxygen-rich, it automatically provides nutrients within the cells more proficiently. These healthy cells ensure your body’s ability to ward off infections, thereby strengthening your immune system.
• Skin Care – after you have scraped the gel from the inside of the leaf for blending keep the leaves. At night before you sleep take the leaves and put them on the soles of your feet. Put a pair of socks on and while your’e sleeping the remainder of the gel will extract toxins from the bottom of your feet. You also have the option of rubbing the leaves on your face and body.This method will prove to be far better and more effective than many expensive skin creams on the market The pure inner gel extracted from the aloe leaf helps diminish the symptoms of aging skin conditions.
• Weight Loss-According to Britt Brandon, the author of The Everything Guide to Aloe Vera for Health, “Aloe vera can improve the effectiveness of your diet and maximize your weight loss potential. With ample amounts of vitamins and minerals that contribute to weight-loss, as well as amino acids, enzymes and sterols, aloe vera ensures your diet is not only supportive of weight-loss, but also improves the body’s absorption and utilization, improving overall health as well as weight loss success.”It’s also an excellent source of protein so it helps muscle development and gives you abundant amounts of energy. As a matter of fact as soon as your’e finished ingesting it you can feel it working instantly. I try to make sure I’m at home at least an hour after consuming because it works very well as a natural laxative. It would suck to drink it and then take off. Trust me.
• Treats Constipation-The use of aloe latex as a laxative is well-researched; the anthraquinones present in the latex create a potent laxative that increases intestinal water content, stimulates mucus secretion and increases intestinal peristalsis, which are contractions that break down food and mix the chyme
• Reduces Inflammation– Most of us are already aware that inflammation is the general and leading cause to all diseases. Many people experience this through arthritis and what is called carpal tunnel. Aloe vera can easily replace many different pharmaceutical drugs to eliminate pain and swelling. In some studies, it’s been shown that people who consume aloe vera regularly experience a significant improvement in inflammation issues.
As you can see this magical leaf takes pride in healing the body both inside and out. The benefits are limitless.You can usually find this leaf in the grocery store, international market, or anywhere that sells plants. This ancient leaf has been around for hundreds of years and is becoming more popular around the world because of its extensive healing properties. If you do decide to buy a plant the upkeep is minimal. The plant can survive temperatures of 40 degrees F and can easily be grown in a container indoors all year long. Aloe prefers plenty of sunlight but survives in light shade as well. So start dumping the pills and start your aloe journey to better health and a better you!