Written By Dominique Bancey
Many persons have different opinions of what it means to be a leader. Being a great leader, will lead to a successful business, so what makes a great leader?
● Transparency. As a leader, you have to strip off that mask you used to wear. If the people you’re leading think that you are hiding things then they won’t trust or believe in you. Therefore, you have to be transparent. The things you say will need to align with the things you do.
● Focus. This should be known. As a leader, if you are not focused, then no one else around you will be either and that means that no work would be done. You have to focus on your duties so you can motivate your team to focus on theirs as well.
● Confidence. If you aren’t confident in what you’re doing, then why would your team be?
● Integrity. Honesty is the best policy. If you focus on being your authentic self and putting that forth for everyone to see, then your team members and company will inherit this key feature.
● Inspiration. Something in life has to inspire you to be someone or do something. This inspiration could be small, big, simple or complex, it doesn’t matter. As long as you as a leader find something to inspire you, your team will find something to inspire them as well.
● Passion. You have to love what you are doing in order to motivate and inspire others to want to help you to achieve the goals you have set. If you are doing something just to do it then you will tend to have a ‘don’t care’ attitude and you won’t put in much effort or time into ensuring that it is successful.
Being a leader isn’t the easiest job in the world, but it’s not necessarily the hardest either. Many say that leaders are born, not made, what say you?
Until next time.